fredag, november 11, 2005

Maybe Sometimes You Just Get Lucky

One of my favorite artists is Jewel. The first two (and sometimes the third) albums. I fell in love with her when I was about 16 and it was the first serious relationship I ever had with my stereo. And what a beautiful romance it was.

On her second CD there is a song called Kiss the Flame (at least if you bought it when it was released, I've heard they removed it afterwards) that was one of those songs that took a while to fall in love with. It's a bit whiny. Not a Foolish Games wonderful kind of whiny but the kind of that craves a certain mood, or state of mind, in order for it to be enjoyable. Otherwise it can get under your skin and pretty much drive you insane.

That aside, the lyrics are amazing. And I came to think of it the other evening when I was about to fall asleep to the sound of my boyfriend's breathings after hours of talking and analyzing the world in which we live. I thought of my favorite part of the song.

"But wherefore art thou Romeo? Where have all the brave men gone? Show me one man who knows his own heart, to him I shall belong."

I thought that the request was some kind of utopia. And after meeting all those guys who had their hearts wherever it served their purpose best at the time I was convinced that it was just another one of those fairy tale bullshit that we want to believe in to make life a little bit easier to live. Like; the good always conquers....

It wasn't. Because I've found him. And it's better than any stupid fairy tale I ever read.

1 kommentar:

basko sa...

sos extraordinariamente bella , perdon por mi comentario...