tisdag, november 28, 2006

Meltdown

I tried writing yesterday. I was sitting in bed and had arranged all the pillows behind me perfectly, balansing my laptop in my lap and stretching my fingers (just for show).

"Here we go!"

Empty screen, cursor blinking as if to taunt my lack of creativity. I sigh and ask myself what I need to get off my chest. There are so many ideas that it becomes hard to focus.

I start writing on something happy. Something sweet. Something that makes me smile. I get bored and stop after half a page. Save and store.

Something painful. Something dark. Something absolutely heart breaking. That requires a lot on my part. I need to feel it and I don't. Not now. So I stop before I even have a chance to start.


I have the creativity, it's just not taking form in the way that I want it to. I don't mind. This is how it goes. It will return. It always does.

Inga kommentarer: