tisdag, oktober 03, 2006

Krycek

I watched that show Kyle XY last week and I realized already after two episodes that it lacked one very important ingredience: quality. I had good reason to keep watching all thirteen episodes though.

Nick Lea.

He is getting OLD. It really had me depressed. And filled with nostalgia.

I miss the rat bastard.

Nick Lea, for those who don’t know, is the actor who played my all time favorite character Alex Krycek in The X-files. Small brilliant role. Complex and dark. Kept things interesting but didn’t get to show his face all that often. And then of course Chris Carter thought it was a good idea to kill him off somewhere in season seven (or was it eight?) and that was it for me.

I had already started to loose interest during season five but this was the last straw. Nevermind Duchovny leaving the show or the obvious drop of quality since the move from Vancouver to L.A., who cares? But they killed of Krycek! Stupid ass Carter!

Sadly though, Nick Lea isn’t a brilliant actor. And I was never one of those people who went out and got myself a Krycek clone (oh yes, they exsist... or rather existed). I wasn’t crazy. I just really thought that his character was the only good thing they had left to hold the show together. So watching him in this show that was following the trend of today where all shows have poorly thought out plotlines, two dimensional characters and bad actors, it really bummed me out. Which is why I feel it is my duty to enlighten the public (how very phily of me) to why he is the best TV character ever.

This is where I was about to insert a short video with clips of Krycek. It backfired on me for one of two reasons.

1. I couldn’t work out the technical kinks.
2. The network is down.


I believe this is what they call anticlimax. But I can post the link if anyone is even interested. I mean, this is just me being obsessive. Comes naturally to me. But in any case. I present the unbeatable (lots of puns intended) Krycek:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOTSs0xofo4



I seriously doubt that this is suppose to be slash so don't even go there...

Oh, and I did not make this.

Inga kommentarer: