måndag, oktober 24, 2005

Layers

I'm not sure if I will feel comfortable with this. Blogging that is. But I thought I'd give it a try.

I just came across this amazing blog through an online newspaper and I became, as they say, inspired. It takes a lot more these days for me to embrace that feeling. I don't want to say it is the result of innocence lost (all though parts of it probably is) it's more a result of expanding my spectra. There are more shades of gray these days.

The phenomena of publishing my texts is not at all new but somehow more scary. I wrote fan fic about ten years ago and for a couple of years and had a lot of readers. Fans even, if you could believe it, and I remember the joy of finding those flattering e-mails in my mailbox, urging me to write more. And I did, for a few years until it dawned on me that I did't enjoy it anymore and that the subjects and even the flattering started to feel old and trite. So I stopped publishing and that was the end of that.

Blogging and fan fic are miles apart though. I wouldn't claim that blogging is more personal because I really did offer a lot of me in my fan fic. But it was fictional and this is not. Well, it is not suppose to be anyway. I am not familiar so much with the rules of blogging.

I will just give it a try and see if I feel comfortable peeling off the layers. If nothing else, it will be the perfect excuse to practise on my English (which will be filled with typos, misspellings and grammar mistaces I'm sure).

1 kommentar:

Bremley sa...

Sofie:

I love your style of writing. I hope you will load up more stories on your blog. I am looking forward to reading them when I can. Take care now.

Big Hugs from your long lost jungle boy buddy!